Sunday, April 10, 2011

Still a member of the "press club"

Due to household cutbacks, we reluctantly canceled our memberships in two wine clubs (both joined under the influence of wine sampling in gorgeous California vineyards - that's how they get you, you know.) I was not willing to cut the cord with our Press Club membership with Pasolivo, the fantastic olive oil producers we visited in Paso Robles, California. (I've mentioned them before.) Our shipment arrives every three months, and it always thrills me. The oil is so fresh and flavorful, it's a treat for the tongue. I can't wait to compare them to oils from Modena and other Italian locales. 'Wonder how much olive oil I can take back in one carry-on.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...