Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best bubblies for the buck

I buy champagne once a year and never really know what I'm buying.  Fortunately, the local liquor store heard about my perennial problem and emailed some suggestions, in a range of prices.  I think I'll go with the Blanc de Noirs ("white to black") which is made exclusively from Pinot Noir, my favorite red. Cheers!
Veuve Clicquot 'Yellow Label' Brut Champagne, NV  (Suggested Retail - $58.99)
Moet & Chandon 'Imperial' Extra Dry (Sug. Retail - $54.99)
Taittinger Brut Champagne (Sug. Retail - $54.99)
Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs, NV (Sug. Retail - $19.99)
Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante, NV (Sug. Retail - $14.99)
Zardetto Prosecco, NV (Suggested Retail - $14.99)
Riondo Prosecco  (Suggested Retail - $14.99)
Freixenet Cava Brut, NV  (Suggested Retail - $11.99)

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

Veuve demi-sec, white label all the way! Happy New Year BG

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'll have what BG's having.

Cathy Hamilton said...

And it was GOOD! Too good, actually. Oy.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...