Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm cuckoo for Christmastime, cuckoo for Christmastime...

   After I don't know how many years, I'm going to bake Christmas cookies tomorrow. It's my attempt to make use of the new double oven and save precious cash. This probably doesn't seem like a monumental effort to you but, to me (never a big baker), it's the equivalent of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. In other words -- insanely ambitious, not to mention, dangerous!
  If I don't burn them beyond recognition - a 68% probability - said cookies will be distributed to my mother-in-law's nursing home staff, my hair stylist, and assorted neighbors and friends.
  Here are the recipes I plan to try:
  Carrot cookies with orange icing (the hub's fave),
  Gingersnap gems, and
  Double-dark Chocolate-Walnut cookies.
  Check back to see photos. It could be funny. Or tragic.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

You look good in those red striped tights, BG. And the hat is a winner, too. Let's face it. You rock the whole look. Bake away. Better you than me!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...