Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cookied out!

   The house is still standing. No cookies harmed. Only one fingertip burned (a new record.) And, this is what's left AFTER packing a big cannister for the nursing home. Seen above are carrot cookies with orange icing, peanut butter cup cookies and date & walnut cookies. (I had a last-minute change of heart on the double-dark chocolate.) 'Actually used the convection feature of the oven, too, and it wasn't really that scary.
   Have I turned into a shakin', bakin' Betty Crocker? Uh, no. Frankly, I feel like I've run the Boston Marathon.

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Beautiful, BG! Congrats on the accomplishment. I'm looking at kitchen appliances now for my new kitchen in the house remodel. I could use some cooking inspiration this week so your picture may have done just that. Thanks. Merry Christmas. Marg

Cathy Hamilton said...

I hope so, Marg. I've been doing a lot of cooking, but no baking until yesterday. My legs are still sore. Contractor suggested we invest in some rubber kitchen floor mats to lay over the tile, which sounds like it might be my Xmas present. Merry, merry to you! Love all my appliances, by the way. Except maybe the frig. It's a little quirky.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...