Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dinner and a movie...and an oil change!

My inner cheapskate is thrilled to know that, as of today, I will get 30% off at AMC Theatres and - be still my heart - 10% off at Arby's, IHOP, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, Hardees and Long John Silvers. (Hopefully, the deal will extend to cholesterol meds.) Not to be outdone, Jiffy Lube will discount me, too.  Membership in the double-nickels club does have its privileges.  I'm just hoping someone will ask for proof of age.  I haven't been carded since 1984.

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOMER GIRL! Enjoy those discounts. I'm proud to say I've used the over 55 discount a few times myself. Will be 59 on Dec.21st. Will spend the next year planning my 60th BD trip and completing my transition to silver haired sexy. I've never been happier.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Marguerite. It's nice to know the road ahead is a happy - and less expensive - one.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

HAPPY B'DAY, BG!!!! Wish I were with you to celebrate. Have a great one!!!! And use your discounts wisely.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...