Saturday, December 4, 2010

Illuminate me!

We took another step toward kitchen completion last night by installing the pendant lights over the sink (above) and breakfast bar (below).  I held the fixtures while my "electrician" wired everything up. He allowed the blond to screw in the lightbulb. (For the record, it only took one of me.)
We got a little wild over the breakfast bar, choosing glass with KU colors since our home has become Watch Party Central. Hey, at least, we resisted those Tiffany lamps with the Jayhawks on them (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

2 comments:

kim from nebraska said...

I love those. I also love that you resisted those who would insist that all the pendants be identical. Boring. Those are fabulous. I also love that you supported a local artist instead of buying from a big-box store where the pendants were made in China. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but supporting your local artists is very cool.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Kim. We've always tried to support local artists and especially friends. Unfortunately, there's not been a lot of spare cash lately and my wall space is used up. I was glad we had a "utilitarian" need for some art.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...