Friday, December 10, 2010

Birthday bounty!

And, really, what else would they give me this year, but cookbooks!  My two sisters and son delivered the goods:  Ina Garten's How Easy Is That?, New England Soup Factory Cookbook and The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors by local chefs, Robert and Molly Krause.  I've got my eye on Sweet Potato Soup with Carmelized Onions and anything with the word 'bisque' in it.
My daughter bestowed a retro-style stainless steel toaster for the new kitchen. My son gladly took the old white one home, saving it from the landfill.  For the record, my kitchen contractor/spouse gave me a 100-year-old silver "dowry necklace" from India, which I might model later for you (once I get dressed.)  He knows way better than to give appliances.

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

BG, I'll be over for the sweet potato soup. Looks like your cookbook collection has some new friends. Ina Garten's books are wonderful. Do post a pic the necklace, sounds very cool. I have hinted for a new bottle of Annik Goutal parfum. Have a great weekend.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

What, BG, that's quite a haul. Good work! Can't wait to see the necklance.

kim from nebraska said...

Boomer Girl = Birthday Girl. Happy happy. Am jealous for the cookbooks.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, friends. I could sit and read cookbooks for hours. Whoops. I already did!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...