Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's your favorite children's book of all time?

    Because some of you have asked, what I'm doing these days - now that I've lost my 9 to 5 - is writing a children's book - the one I have dreamed about since 1994 ( although my daughter and husband insist it's been longer than that.)  The protagonist is a little girl, but that's all I'm going to say about that for now. My self-imposed deadline for completion: Dec. 31.
    I've been spending a lot of time in children's book stores which are wonderful, reassuring places to hang out.  Today, I'll be attending story time at the public library. If only there was some kind of "Rent-a-Kid" service from which I could borrow somebody's grandchild for an hour or two. I think people are starting to wonder about the lady who lurks alone in the children's library....
   What is your favorite children's book?  Mine is pictured above.  I've always had a weakness for wild things.
This is the one my son couldn't get enough of.

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

My favorites: "Where the Wild Things Are" and "The Giving Tree."
Good luck with the project!

Anonymous said...

"I think I can. I think I can."

The Little Engine That Could, of course!

Suzanne KS said...

Right now, drop everything and read "The Story of Holly and Ivy"....I read it first in a Ladies' Home Journal in the late 50's...it is a most wonderful Christmas story for our children....love it!

Anonymous said...

I love Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...