Monday, September 17, 2012

Belated column

Got busy painting and forgot to post my Sunday column yesterday, which hasn't mustered much positivity in the comments section, even though - or maybe because - it was an almost verbatim transcript of an actual conversation between my husband and me last week. It did, however, elicit a complimentary comment at Rotary today from a man who wondered why women seemed to have the exclusive on nutritional Nazism. "Because we love you," I replied. "Uh.... good?!" he said, walking back to his table. One Rotarian, rendered speechless.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

He's lucky to have you on his side, hold the dressing.

Cathy Hamilton said...

That's what I keep trying to tell him. But we hold the carbs, not the dressing!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...