Monday, September 3, 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow

It's not like he's leaving home, really. He hasn't lived with us for several years. But, he is leaving - off to the "big city" of Kansas City, 40 miles away. We gave him our perfectly-good-but-too-big sofa, a gnarly coffee table, extra microwave and our garage refrigerator as a housewarming present.  Oh, and this very appropriate door rug which I purchased for both of my adult children from Urban Outfitters...
It's like a little piece of me will always have a place.... on their floor.
I must admit, I got a little teary as he pulled away. I'm really going to miss that fridge. 

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Waaaaah! Don't go, fridge! Don't. Go!!!!!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Actually, I really do miss that fridge. That's where I kep all my Frescas, don't ya know?

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...