Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm totally a totaller.

There are less than four weeks until my sorority pledge class reunion (our first get-together in 28 years) and drastic measures must be taken to break the weight loss plateau I've been on for a few weeks. That means - gasp! dare I say it - no booze. Everything else about my diet and exercise routine lately (save for the tiny little hot dog I ate at the football game) has been exemplary. But, truth be told, I do enjoy my scotch. And, a glass of wine with dinner. And, after. Unfortunately, science tells us that the body processes alcohol first, before fat, protein, or carbs. Thus, drinking slows down the burning of fat. (Dammit.) So, for now, it's tea. Tea and self-sympathy. Cheers, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, so that's my problem..or lack of exercise! or both. Great to read your blog again. Your posts are both fun and food for thought.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Why thank you, Anon. Much appreciated.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...