Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'm baaaack!

Heeeeeere's BoomerGirl!
     It's Sept. 1st and my hiatus is hereby over. Good riddance to August and The Summer of 2012 which will go down in my personal history book as one of the most miserable on record. But, the world continues to turn and, as if to usher in a new day, the rains have come (thank you, Isaac), interrupting the dreadful drought that has plagued the farmers and put the rest of us in a funk.
     In the last month, I've been busy with home improvement projects, including lots of painting (walls, not portraits) which may be one of most satisfying, Zenlike activities there is. We replaced all the upstairs window blinds, had the carpets cleaned, purged the closets and created two pleasant guest rooms that, between overnight guests, will serve as a fab exercise "suite" for yours truly. Photos to come.
   As I mentioned before, the dogs have started blogging, which has been fun except for the muddy paw prints all over my laptop.
   Anyway, I'm happy to be back in the blogosphere (it's as if I never left), blathering about all things boomer to sweet peeps like you. Thanks for reading and happy Labor Day weekend!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...