Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Put a cork in me, I'm not done yet.

I'm not crafty. Not even close. But, I recently took leave of that reality and got in WAY over my head on a project that will finish out the upstairs guest/exercise room - applying sliced corks (thus my new cigar cutter) to the old, beat-up bulletin board over my son's old desk.
The problem is, after cutting up my entire collection of corks - we're talking 4 or 5 years' worth - I still don't have enough....
I've drunk a lot of vino in the last four years.
So, I put out a call on Facebook and - voila! - five cork donors in less than an hour. That's the beauty of social media, my friends. This almost makes up for all the cat pictures.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

If only we lived closer. My father-in-law is a cork hoarder, and so is my hubby. Can't wait to see the finished product. Careful with that cork slicer, BG. You know how I worry.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...