Sunday, September 23, 2012

BoomerGirl boogies down

Last night, the hubs dragged a still mopey me to a dance party on the roof of the big hotel on the hill.  There, we Ponied and Frug'ed and Hitchhiked with complete abandon in the crisp open air, along with 150 other groovin' boomers. Thanks to The Crumpletons whose music took me back to a time when I had no worries, especially about work, since I was only 10 years old. Here's one of the songs they played last night which, at first listen, doesn't seem easy to dance to, but it didn't matter up on the roof. By the time the chorus came, the whole crowd was singing in full voice. It strikes me that this could be one of those "Mad Men" episode-ending songs.

Did I mention my knees hurt a little this morning? Note to self: The days of boogying in high-heeled boots may be over.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Nice, I love dancing. Not only is it great exercise but it is so fun. Yes, my knees also hurt after but I feel more uplifted. Sounds like you had a great time!

AnBlanch said...

Are you searching for the best resume writing services? Make sure to read the online resumes writing reviews? and feedback. People always share their opinions and comments concerning the services of resume writers-it’d be useful for you!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...