Monday, September 3, 2012

Discover what's in-store at ReStore

     If you've never been to your local Habitat for Humanity ReStore, here's why you might want to consider a pop-in once in a while: For years, I had been looking for the perfect, ultra-shallow bookcase/hutch for my family room, a converted single-car garage that is our summertime TV watching and reading spot. It's a step-down affair so the ceilings are high, but I could never find the right piece - at the right price - that was only 14-inces deep. Until ReStore. I recently bought this incredibly crafted reproduction of a stately English book cabinet, complete with antique hardware - a wealthy woman's cast-off - for a song!! As in "la, la, TA-DA!!" And to think I was just a ReStore donor heretofore!
    The shelves are adjustable, so the plan is to install a flat screen TV on the bottom left. Voila! Another room, post-kids, goes streamline.
    I will be stopping by ReStore in the next week.  I'm looking for some some small end tables. Beats the heck out of Nebraska Furniture Mart.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...