Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Here's to the masters who lunch

My good pal and funny gal, Carol (a frequent commenter on this blog and stellar blogger in her own right), is kvelling, and rightly so. Her 90-year-old pop and his Hollywood pals were featured in a L.A. Times story this week about their every-other-Wednesday lunch-in-a-bunch. (That's him in the pink shirt - darling!) So, why am I bogarting her post? Well, in the first place, I don't have my pop anymore, and I know she won't mind lending me hers, at least, vicariously. Secondly, read the article and get a load of the names and show titles! These guys wrote the baby boomer pop culture history books, and Carol grew up with many of them in her living room. That's pretty cool.

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Oy vey, I'm kvelling that you reposted this! You angel you! xxxooo

Cathy Hamilton said...

What, are you kidding? It's the coolest story ever and your dad's the cutest. Can't wait to see the documentary.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Oh, and send me some kugel!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm faxing mine kugel right now!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...