Friday, July 16, 2010

A couple of barflies on a quest

    We're going out for dinner almost every night, anyway, we thought. So, why not do a little bar stool scouting while we're at it?
    The new kitchen will require four comfortable new stools when it's complete, and the options are endless. Swivel or non-swivel? Wood or metal? Cushion or no cushion? Fabric or leather? Arms or no arms...? This calls for an systematic process of elimination. To that end, starting last night, my spouse and I vowed to forsake those familiar 'tables for two' and eat at the bar, whenever possible, in hopes of finding the ultimate stool....which reminds me of one of my favorite flicks, "Waiting for Guffman"....

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...