Monday, July 26, 2010

They snooze, why should we lose?

The story I wrote about the perils of secondhand snoring - something I know a LOT about - came out today. What I didn't mention in the article is a new product invented to combat this problem called SleepPhones...
   Dubbed "pajamas" for your ears, SleepPhones are removable speakers tucked away in a soft, fleece headband with a cord that connects to your iPod, CD player or what have you.  Invented by a physician, the product is marketed as an alternative to sleeping pills and an antidote to secondhand snoring.
  The company kindly sent me a complimentary sample to review and because I am such a, er, robust sleeper (think: circus acrobat), I had a little trouble keeping the cord from strangling my neck. Thus, my inability to give SleepPhones my full, unequivocal endorsement.
  That said, it's still a great idea and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend SleepPhones for more sedate slumberers and folks who travel a lot.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

What happens when both sides claim to be second-hand snorers? This is the case in my home. Hubby says I snore. I say he snores. No one has bothered to provide proof.

Cathy Hamilton said...

You win, of course. I'll send you my SleepPhones. If they don't work for you, you can always strangle Howie with the cord!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...