Thursday, July 15, 2010

I write like Stephen King

    A website called "I Write Like" told me so.  Test your own writing style at http://iwl.me.  Simply put in a few paragraphs of your writing - from a blog, journal entry, letter, e-mail or chapter from your great unfinished novel - and see how you compare to the pros.
   I put in a recent column and got King.  For grins, I entered a second column and got David Foster Wallace.  Hmm. Not exactly reassuring. King is a weird duck and Wallace, tragically, hung himself after a lifelong battle with depression. Still, I'd trade royalty checks with either of them in a minute.
  Try it yourself, and be sure to tell me under Comments who you write like!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...