Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wouldn't he look divine by the wet bar?

I went to the quirkiest place yesterday on assignment.  It's called Riverside Red X which is best described as 'Walmart meets the Smithsonian with a dash of Graceland.' You'll see the whole story tomorrow, but this is one of my photos that didn't make the cut.
 The man with the six-pack abs is a (life-sized??) statue of Bacchus, the god of wine.  I thought he'd look great in the new kitchen, next to the wine racks.  Unfortunately, he wasn't for sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'd have known about your venture to Red X I could have introduced you to the original owner of Red X at the wake the other evening, maybe he'd have given you a deal on Baccus or at least a date!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Anon, I thought the original owner was dead... ?? And, who are you?

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...