Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kitchen Confidential, cont'd....

Here's the contractor and contractor-in-training examining the ripped-up, stripped-down kitchen with the hole in the floor.  They're discussing important matters like air ducts and gas lines. I'm mulling "trivial' issues like backsplash tile, pendant lights and where the microwave is going to go...and missing my kitchen sink REAL BAD!  Maybe that's why I decided last night to turn the old breakfast bar into a wet bar!  I demanded requested that it be the first thing installed.  (That should give you a clue as to my frame of mind these days.  Did I mention I miss my kitchen sink?)
 This is the soon-to-be wet bar. Small sink going in on right. Cabinets and wine rack to be added below.  Room on other side of plastic (now the family room) will become the dining room in Phase 2.

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I see a kitchen coming together. I see you, dressed elegantly, sipping tea with pinky raised, ordering the menfolk around. "Not there. Over there!" Or maybe you're sipping cocktails, methinks. Yes, a martini, stirred not shaken. Either way, tell them to speed it up, sinkwise. I know someone who's good with sinks, if they need help.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Shaken not stirred?

Cathy Hamilton said...

Your husband is master of the sink universe, I know. If only we were next-door neighbors!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...