Saturday, November 13, 2010

Change of plans

Late yesterday, we found out our countertop material is shipping from Denver on Monday, arriving in Kansas City on Thursday or Friday. (That is one slow-moving truck.) So, my contractor decided that, instead of installing the double oven this weekend, we would put the floor down.  I spent the past five hours on my hands and knees laying the radiant heating coils that will go under the ceramic tiles.
The mats have to be cut and precisely pieced together.
Then, approximately 9,878 staples are used to keep the mats in place.  Because the contractor's knees are shot, I volunteered to be the cutter and the stapler.  Fortunately, my son arrived just in time - albeit two hours late - to apply the Thinset. I think my energy spurt is officially over.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...