Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I've gotta new gratitude!

I was thankful for unemployment today.  If I had had to work, I wouldn't have been able to help my husband lay the backsplash tiles, which took us from morning to night. It was actually fun and - who knew? - I'm pretty damn good at it, too!  (New career, perhaps?!?) Tomorrow morning, it will take only a few hours to grout it (no longer than the Macy's parade), then I'll be whipping up stuffing and sweet potatoes for dinner at Grandma's.
 Did I mention the fridge is in and running, too?  (A small cabinet will be installed above it.)

5 comments:

KJ said...

Fantastic! Your new kitchen looks wonderful!
Happy Thanksgiving...

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, KJ. And the same to you and yours!!

Marguerite said...

It's just beautiful BG! You did a great job designing all the colors and finishes. Enjoy this day with all the new "toys". Happy Thanksgiving from us in Houston.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Fridge envy! Fridge envy! Oh, it hurts. I want, I want...

Kim from Nebraska said...

I love the bookshelves! My cookbooks are still packed away along with 100 other boxes of books that have no home in our new house (old house had a giant library, new house, none). My helpful hubby labeled all the boxes "books" and not "cook books" or "Kim's stupid novels" or "garden books" or whatever, so I cannot find anything. Whole kitchen is fab.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...