Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Foreboding words from Gary Trudeau

    According to Poynter Online: "Doonesbury" creator Gary Trudeau says, "I don't think 'Doonesbury' will be a legacy strip."  Some comic strips have gone on through four or five artists, "and actually the second and third artists sometimes improve the strip, but I think mine will go with me." He goes on to say: "I have a feeling that newspapers are going to perhaps make their exit before I would make that decision about myself [retiring the strip]."
   Sigh.

1 comment:

Kelly Barth said...

Hi Cathy. Kelly Barth here. Sigh indeed. I'm assuming, since I haven't seen your columns, that you were canned from the Journal World. Another unpleasant development. I miss your columns and your writing ability. And I feel guilty for writing a column they can pay me next to nothing for. I'd rather read yours.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...