Sunday, November 14, 2010

Someone's gotta do it

   Today, I'm a judge for the chocolate contest at the annual "Chocolate and tea at three" event, a fundraiser for our local homeless shelter. I accepted the invitation a few weeks ago, and considered begging out after the "pink slip incident," but the organizer of the event said she still wanted me and I thought, "What the heck!? It may be momentarily awkward, but it's for a good cause. And - duh - it's chocolate!!"
   The question is: How does one prepare her palate for an onslaught of cacao?

3 comments:

ronnie said...

Red wine?

Anonymous said...

One person will not matter to them, but I've cancelled my subscription to the LJW. I was often annoyed by the paper before, but now they've removed the only things I really liked about it. I have always been a strong advocate of small, locally owned newspapers, but at this point, I wish they'd just sell the damn thing to some chain and end the paper's slow, painful death.

Cathy Hamilton said...

ronnie, what a great idea that would have been!

Anon, thanks very much for leaving the comment. I have mixed feelings about what you said, of course, but share your sentiments about small, locally owned papers.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...