Saturday, August 7, 2010

"The butter squirts everywhere..."

   Last week's mention of Chicken Kiev in Mad Men made me nostalgic for the days when we'd order pre-wrapped frozen Chicken Kievs from the Schwann man (early marriage, not childhood.)  I don't remember eating a lot of CK in the 60's.  More like fried chicken, chicken salad and Chicken of the Sea. 

  This piece in the Washington Post nostalgically reminded me of a cookbook my mom had, one she passed down to me. Due to the kitchen remodel, it's in a box somewhere in the attic. When I finally get it out, I'm going to make Chicken-Rice Roger - while sipping a highball, of course - for my Mad Men-loving pals. 

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...