Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bits o' the grape

Today's Sunday feature is a story I wrote about two guys on a mission to take the stress out of wine shopping.  Their store is, unfortunately, on the suburban edge of the city (a whopping 12-minute drive from my house which, in a small town, is a LOT), but I'm sure I'll find my way to City Wine Market, on occasion.  Great idea, though: Limiting inventory to around 300 bottles, most of which are priced between 10 and 15 bucks.  Here's to you, fellas!
  Oh, and speaking of wine: This is the t-shirt my son brought his father after a recent trip to New York.
They were selling them at a funky little wine shop in Manhattan, where our boy attended a tasting. I took this photo because a) I couldn't believe my husband actually wore it to dinner, and b) I dared him to use that exact phrase with a wine steward next time we order a bottle at some hoity-toity joint.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...