Monday, August 9, 2010

Mad Men: Do we prefer Dick or Don? Discuss...

  Oh, Don/Dick.  You're just so doggone comfortable in L.A.  I mean, painting the wall in your crisp, white undershorts?  (More, please, Ms. Costumer.)  I believe that sweet Anna is the only woman you truly, really, deeply love. And yet, she doesn't seem to have long on this earth.  What to do?  Why, call your favorite face-slapping hooker, of course.  And take the uptight Lane along for the ride.  Wow.  Talk about male bonding.
   I had to let the experts at WSJ figure this one out, this morning. I enjoyed reading Evangline Morphos' analysis of how a girl's favorite Beatle in her youth predicted her sexual future.  (True confession: My fave was George....yikes!!)

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I liked Paul, the cute one. I like Dick, the nice one... except when he's hitting on the hot young, hitch-hiking Berkeley nice. Ick! Don is starting to creep me out. Slap slap!

Cathy Hamilton said...

I thought Paul was the cutest, but there was something about George. So dark, so mysterious. No wonder I'm oddly attracted to Don/Dick! I knew he would hit on Berkeley, but I figured he'd get shot down. That seems to be the scenario with women he isn't paying (ouch!) this season. He'll get his comeuppance, methinks.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Methinks he's heading for some kind of hell.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...