Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kitchen confidential: Mother knows best

My one-night escape to Mom's place reminded me of a few things I want to incorporate in my new kitchen: Judicious use of glass cabinet doors (use them to showcase pretty things, not stacks and stacks of Tupperware lids)....
Shelves on the inside of cabinet doors (just like the fridge) for extra storage and easy access....
And, if possible, a nice view for the eating area....
Ours won't be quite this pleasant.  This is one of the best breakfast rooms around. Thanks, Mom, for the absentee hospitality!

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Nice kitchie, Mom. So neat and organized. So very different than my own. Nice escape for the BG!

Cathy Hamilton said...

It was lovely, indeed. Except for the instant coffee I was forced to drink and the total lack of snack food available.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Instant coffee! Hun, that is so retro! So "Mad Men." Sanka for everyone!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...