Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nummy, num, num....

   I had a giant bush of Thai basil in the garden, just waiting for me to think of a brilliant way to use it. Finally, I found this outstanding recipe for Asian Basil Pesto online.  I added my own touches - a dash of peanut oil and some sweet chili sauce - and - voila! - orgasmic deliciousness.
  Then, because I was on a rare culinary roll, I mixed 3 tablespoons of the pesto with a can of coconut milk, added pieces of a roaster chicken and sliced roasted red peppers (both procured from my market's deli), threw in some brown rice, a few peanuts and cooked it all in the microwave.  Thai-inspired improvised goodness:
If I haven't mentioned it before, the roaster chicken is, in my opinion, the best grocery store offering since the horsey ride....

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...