Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"I'm going home to Mother's!"

It's not as ominous as it sounds, but it's not an idle threat, either.  Tomorrow, the furnace/AC will be relocated to the attic, as part of the kitchen remodel.  That means there will be no A/C in the house, during the hottest week of the year.  My contractor couldn't tell me exactly how long this would be the case - 1 day, maybe 2. Fortunately, my mother left town for a week today and has offered her home to me for the duration.  I'm no fool. I'm taking it. Kansas City, here I come....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I'm living through drywall dust becoming the most prominent member of our household... I must admit to feelings of jealousy at your good fortune of an empty house during the chaos. Please... sit back and relax with me in mind just once - I need it :)

Cathy Hamilton said...

Anon, unfortunately, my stay only lasted one night, but it was lovely to be dust-free, especially for my swollen sinuses. That said, I'm inclined to jealous of YOU. If you're at the drywall stage, you're light years ahead of us.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...